We’ve clearly established that the one thing that we care about the most is our skin. But with our work schedules, we’re bound to spend most of our time outdoors. Moreover, taking public transport is inevitable. And that causes the maximum damage to our skin. From travelling under the sun to taking a rickshaw amidst the alarming pollution levels, our skin damage is inevitable.
While your daily schedule demands you to travel around, we’ve listed down some of the easiest tips to protect your skin from the dust, pollution, and harmful UV rays.
1) Being exhausted when you come back home is understandable. but if you want to maintain the elasticity and health of your skin, then you ought to get rid of all the makeup and pollution. Instead of using baby oil or makeup removers, try using diluted apple cider vinegar as a makeup remover. Try this for 21 days and we’re sure you’ll notice the difference. Dilute 1 tbsp of ACV with 3 tbsp of water. Dip a ball of cotton and clean up your makeup. Then with a fresh ball of cotton, clean up your entire face with the vinegar and leave it on for at least 10 minutes before washing our face.
2) Say no to moisturisers in the night. Your bedtime routine should include under eye cream, raw shea butter and a night gel that protects your skin.
3) Ensure to exfoliate your skin twice a week and on your days off, use aloe vera gel to moisturise and keep your skin hydrated.
4) You need to find a base for your makeup. After the liberal application of sunscreen and before the application of your foundation, use products like Lacto Calamine that protect your skin from pollutants. Moreover, these products act like a security blanket that will ensure your skin is healthy.
5) And the one way to ensure your skin always stays protected is to hydrate. And if you’re too bored to constantly drink water, you can stat having hot water with lemon, green tea or water infused with berries.